A century ago, Mary urged us to change our ways as a means toward world peace. Obviously, we haven’t heeded her guidance. If we believe world peace to be an important goal, we all must take action. Every act of compassion brings us one step closer.
We all are responsible for the state of the world. Just as Mary instructed Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta in Fatima, Portugal, we are to:
- Pray continuously–Talk with God all day.
- Ask for forgiveness for our sins – -Honestly recognize and acknowledge our failures and ask God for forgiveness.
- Stop offending the Lord. Mary said that God is already much offended. We can’t just ask for forgiveness. We have to stop hurting one another, creation, and ourselves.
- Pray the rosary every day.
- Accept all the suffering God sends us in reparation for the sins of the world and all of our conversions.
- Devote ourselves to Mary’s Immaculate Heart, which means to follow Mary’s model of an open, loving, and pure heart.
Peace is possible. God isn’t asking much of us. Let’s do this together.
(For the past ten days, I’ve posted in honor of Mary and her message of peace. Nearly 75,000 people viewed these posts. I’m humbled and inspired by your devotion to Mary and her message. In gratitude, my rosary today was dedicated to you.)