Mary’s repeatedly asked us to pray the rosary every day. Why? For a number of reasons, all of which promote peace.
- The rosary is Christ-centered.
- We spend about 20 minutes with Jesus and Mary.
- The rhythmic repetition of prayers is calming.
- We begin with the Sign of the Cross and the Apostles’ Creed, our basic Christian beliefs.
- The prayers are biblical:
- Our Father: Matthew 6:9-13
- Hail Mary: Luke 1:28, Luke 1:42
- We ask Mary to pray for us.
- We praise the Lord with the Glory Be
- The Fatima Prayer asks for forgiveness for our sins and those in need of mercy.
- We meditate on the Mysteries:
- Jesus’ Incarnation, life, Passion, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Mary’s Assumption and Coronation
- We often ponder the Mysteries throughout the day.
(Have you read my posts on Midwest Mary?)